Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How to remove the side panel to fit a thermostat fuse on a

Customer Question

How to remove the side panel to fit a thermostat fuse on a AEG double oven Competence C41022GM.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly let me have the full pnc or product code of the appliance and then I can look up the drawings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there !
Too heavy to view the back panel to find the PNC No". As previously confirmed its a C41022GM Model easily found on Google.
It's the only AEG double oven with an electric griddle centre middle top place with four gas hob rings that AEG supplied, no longer for sale anymore, not surprised due to bad design perhaps, involving so many screws when you need to replace an item or even clean the oven window door is a shear headache always involves ample of screws for such small simply job. Mind you, AEG did send me a diagram for this very expensive tiny item to fit, and from this picture it looks as if I need to remove the top section stainless steel side section in order to install this little thermostat others call it a SN Limitor. I cannot see any screws, so assume it must slide off, which I have failed to achieve, maybe you could give me your advise ! Its very frustrating for such a small item to fit. AEG previously supplied me with the bottom element for the double oven and it was
then working lovely, and within one week all the light dash board panels when down causing both the small and large oven not to work, but funny enough the top centre griddle electric section still works.
Let us hope you can help me unravel this problem.
Kind regards,Hazel
OK there are 17 different versions of that model which was why it would have been helpful to have the pnc number, however, can you give me the part number of the thermostat so that I can track it down that way? The pnc starts 9410 does the diagram not give you an indication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AEG email the diagram of the panel that needs to be removed, give me your email address and I can send it to you. It's as if the fuse of a normal plug has blown, whereas this fuse is behind this panel. Invoice reads" Part No: 5028 12 54-00/8 Oven Thermostat, whereas under the heading description it reads "Thermostat.TY60.N.O. and AEG did not require the pnc no: when I placed the order, because there is only one model, so I do not understand why you say there are 17 different versions of that model.
I await your feed back.
Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do hope the diagram will assist you via AEG.
Hazel
Regarding the model number, there are as already stated numerous different versions of this particular model, it may well be that there is only on 'thermal cut out' fitted to all of the models but each will be slightly different in the way it is taken apart. From what I can see in the service manual for this model the side panels do not come off and to get access to the thermostat entails taking the cooktop and rear off and out of the way. This means disconnecting numerous cables and disconnecting thermostats to allow the cooktop to move forward and out of the way.