Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I Line in Enfield EN2 and have a Culligan Waterside MC250

Customer Question

Hi, I Line in Enfield EN2 and have a Culligan Waterside MC250 Appx 11 years old. Ive just added salt tablets (not filled up for a while) and noticed the meter saying LS i pressed the + button and the screen changed showing the number 22. I am not sure what number it needs to be set at? Something about "obtain water hardness in degrees clarke??
Thanks Simon
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Simon, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your MC250 ?If your system is working ok and the water tastes normal without too much after taste (value (22) ) Is nominal middle ground so it should work well on that setting. But...if you notice anything foul smelling or tasting you can raise that up a few notches to clear the water;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice weekend!Tech Michael Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply. The MC250 is appx 11-12 years old, had no problems with it, just not added salt for a good while! filled her up today, setting on digital read out currently says 22, you think that is ok then?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, what did it mean when the digital meter said LS?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Simon I already answered that lol;-)The error LS means LOW SALT, but this likely just clogged an should clear on its own in about a week of run time. Let me know if it remains, then We will replace the sensor,but we will cross that bridge when we get there if we do.Thanks Simon, please rate only on one of these requests.Tech Mike
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I didn't think the message sent, so asked again.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thats ok lol; -)Please rate kindly.Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi DO Not rate this one its a duplicate !Thank youTech Mike ;-)