Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have just bought a house that was repossessed and hot water

Customer Question

I have just bought a house that was repossessed and hot water is working fine as have been doing some
repairs in kitchen and turned the heating on and it starts up and runs for à bit but turnes of flow pipe from boiler hot but return pipe to boiler is cold what could be the problem.
boiler is a vaillant ecotec pro28.. no idea how old but does not look that old.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. Do the water pipes or radiators get warm or hot?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, rads stay cold. And pipes to rads are cold. Only flow pipe from boiler going up the wall into the ceiling. Return pipe stays cold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , flow pipe from boiler up the wall gets hot, and return stays cold
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi this sounds like an air in the pipes situation.You likely need to bleed the system of air so the water can flow freely. When air gets into the pipes that feed the radiators the water can not flow. The best way to handle this is to bled the system from the radiator bleeders if you have them, if not, you need to locate the bleeder in the system that is up high in the system, it could be that this one may done by a heating technician or engineer. This can also be a possible relay or the circulator for the hot water for the heating system.I wish I had better news for you, but if you can check these things for me we can go further then I can tell you with certainty what the problem is and how to solve this.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael