George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My washing machine fills up but once filled it goes into pause

Customer Question

My washing machine fills up but once filled it goes into pause programme I've turned power off and back on turned to spin the water drains out then goes into pause programme
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me how many times the Pause button it flashing within 4 seconds please
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It flashes 4 times then there is a slight gap and beeping sound and then it flashes 7 times stops flashing for a second then flashes 7 times stops then again this is a continuous pattern until I turn power off
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello are you still there
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi George please can you let me know if you can help me I'm a disabled lady and I have never done things like this before I'm worried as it's been 2 hours nearly since you asked the question and I have not heard From you please reassure me I'm not being scammed
Sorry, I have been away for a while... I am not constantly here, but will respond once I return to see your queries.
You are not being scammed Lilly.
Can you give me the serial number of the appliance please.. It will be on a label inside the door opening.
regards
George
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thankyou George serial number is(###) ###-####
How old is the appliance.. and how often is it used?
Are there any other numbers on the label?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
14 months old used 3 times a week only other number is *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you send me your mobile number I will take a video and what's app it to you if it will help
***********
I have your video.. I will have a look at it in a moment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thankyou
Ok Lilly, there is a conundrum.. You have two faults on the appliance which in points to a possible pcb fault. Error 4 that is heater related, and Error 7 that is motor related.
An insulation problem with the heater could cause this; I advise that you disconnect the heater connection, then try the appliance again to rule out a heater insulation issue affecting the pcb. Should that prove negative you will need have the motor and the pcb checked.
If you need an appliance engineer to call and wish me to find one for you, let me know your postcode.
I am only paid by the company for my assistance on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have done as you said and disconnected the heater but still have same problem
Then I'm afraid you have a problem with the motor or with the pcb that controls it.
regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that as much as you can do for me
You could dismantle the brushes from the motor to see if they have become too short, but you have already stated that the appliance is only 14 months old and therefore this would be highly unlikely.
It is as much as I can do for you from here... however:
regards
Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget!