Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

AEG DishWasher F87000 (7/11 ***** *****) had NO problems until

Customer Question

AEG DishWasher F87000 (7/11 ***** *****) had NO problems until a beeping noise started and .20 appeared. We the tipped the machine up and emptied all water. Now it will not intake water. All lights come on .
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.
.20 is a draining fault. Did it stop full of water?
Also now you say its not filling what does it actually do when you start a new cycle?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Only the light comes on as per selcted program and nothing else. No intake of water. We have to turn it off.
Ok so do you hear any noises when it should be filling like a humming noise?
Also when you start a new cycle the first thing it should do is bring the pump on. Do you hear this first?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No....just nothing at all. (Yes it did stop full of water, as originally stated, which we then tipped up the machune to remove same!)
NOW NOTHING.
Ok how good are you diy skills at fixing things?
As I have the service manual on this which shows all the diagnostics cycles and shows how to strip the dishwasher down and access the pump and pressure sensor. As for the .20 it is usually either the pump itself blocked or faulty or the pressure sensor.
If you want the service manual let me know and I will up load it for you and we can work through it like that.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not bad.. Would be glad to work through the service manual...but have to go out to an appointment in 30 mins. Could start again at 7.00pm. How should I contact you ?
Ok ive just up loaded it for you so have a read of that and im sure you will be able to find the fault with that. Just click the link below and you can down load it. What you need to do first is remove the outer door panel and the wooden kickboard at the bottom of the kitchen and then remove the metal cover below the door. Remove this and you will see the pump on the far right.You need to remove this and check for blockages in there and clear them out. Then retry it and see how it goes from there. You will have an email with a link on there. So click that and you will come back to this thread.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Have you managed to have a look at the manual? Have you checked the pump?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes to looking at the manual.. Looked at the pump. Retried and situation ...the same!
Ok so when you start a new cycle what actually happens? Do you hear a humming noise from it or any noises as the first thing it should do is brings the pump on.Listen at the bottom and see if theres a humming noise from the pump.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, no noise at all.
Ok I take it you have done the reset as on page 11 of the service manual?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes, we have; all that happens is it sounds a small 'click' and although the lights are on...nothing more happens.
Ok use the service manual and enter diagnostics mode for the verison you have and test the componments in there. It tells you how to go through them there as its done by the controls on the front.
Once you have gone through diagnostics turn it off and then back on and see if this as reset the electronics from there as sometimes if it sticks on draining it can cause the electronics to freeze up.
Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.
Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.