Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Neff American style fridge freezer The fridge seems to be

Customer Question

Neff American style fridge freezer
The fridge seems to be working fine but the freezer is only cold at the bottom. I defrosted it for 48 hours, all seemed fine when I turned it back on, until it got to around -11 (I got a thermometer from eBay) and then it started to get warmer not colder! I called out a local engineer who replaced the fan motor, which didn't solve anything. He replaced it and as before it got down to about -13 then started to fail. So he came back the next week and replaced the switch in the door and the fan. And the same happened! He seemed sure that this switch would be the problem but this hasn't worked either.
I took the ice maker, light, fan, etc out today and replaced them and again, failed. I did notice that the pipe the water comes through for the ice maker was really hot. Any ideas before I call Neff and pay an arm and a leg?! My daughter broke my thermometer so I don't have one at the moment!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
..
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Fridge/Freezer?Also may I have the full model # ?And is there Ice forming on the rear wall inside the freezer?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
Thank you. Have two under 2's and an army husband who is currently away so bear with me!
Do these photos help answer your questions?! I'm guessing you'll know the year from the info on the sticker!!
Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ice inside! Sorry just read that again!!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam, Yes thank you.How long a ago was that work done by the tech?Thanks Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New fan about 3 weeks ago and new switch 2 weeks. Have a big chest freezer so am managing without.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that. In this case I would call back the technician who serviced this if you can? It sounds like he may have installed a defective component, or mis wired something.If you can do that it would be the best way to deal with this one because I'm sure it is still under warranty. How work and parts, which I know are still warranted for 1 full year ;-)If you can't do that for some reason please by all means, let me knwo and we can work on this one;-) In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael