Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Neff H-5642NOGB/02. It's 10 years old and has been

I have a Neff H-5642NOGB/02. It's 10 years old and has been reliable during this time, until last week when it failed to work. When any of the power button are pressed and the start button is pressed, the microwave starts as normal eg light goes on, the dish turns and you can hear it operating as normal. Except it stops after approx 20 secs and does not produce any heat. Any idea what could be wrong?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Do you get any error message when it cuts out or beeping?And do you need to do anything special to re initialize a cook cycle or can you simply re set the timer and have it run even though it produces no heat?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi michael, No error messages, beeping at the end of the first try at 180 only, tried various settings 180, 360, 600, 1000. all went for between 18-12 secs and then micro stopped, even though the time setting is 1 min. The cooling fan comes on for a few mins when the micro stops and then stops.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just press the temp setting required and then start. And all seems normal until it cuts out.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all that information. This is going to be a failed main control board or magnetron.But I would suspect the main board considering all you mentioned to me on this.In either case though, the control is no longer available and the cost for the magnetron is expensive. I really woudl replace the entire machine at this point in time. The newer ones are less expensive, and have mode features, also when these get to be 10 years old or more, even if you change the main control, you would likely have additional part failures soon;-( I wish I had better news for you, I really do. But, even I would do that and I am a Technician lol;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers Michael, can you narrow it down to either the magnatron or circuit board. Or are the inter linked?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I woudl say, based on the symptoms, I woudl say its the main control board;-(ThanksTech Michael