Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hoover dyn8164d washer and had a power cut while half

Customer Question

I have a Hoover dyn8164d washer and had a power cut while half way through a programe now the door lock light keeps flashing and will not run any programs.
I replaced the door interlock it still does not work, I have also checked the bushes these have loads of life left in them, is there a reset button or something like that. any help would be great
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Hoover Dryer?Please try something for me, unplug the dryer from its outlet or kill all power to the machine at the mains for 30 full minutes.Then re power the dryer and try again, also please let me know if the cycles still all work?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a washer not a dryer it is 16 months old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hoover Dynamic dyn8164d
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im sorry my bad, I looked this one up and it also has an accompanying dryer
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried the steps I need you do , they are still the same for this one.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I need to knwo the results so I can better inform you as to whats wrong. Also do you know what caused the power failure?Storm etc?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no storm or anything like that the the breaker switch in my fuse box tripped I reset it and waited for the wash to continue but nothing happend
I have done the steps you suggested still the same issue flashing door lock light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the door is not locking to allow washer to run a programe
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks,Does the lock seem to make any sounds at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sound just flashing lock image on control panel
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Usually if you have the door lock light flashing its the lock itself that the problem here.Take the door lock out from behind the door and check the wiring is ok on there.If so then you can try and replace the door lock and see if this cures the problem here.If it doesn't then the control board will be the problem. But say 7 times out of 10 its the door lock which causes this problem here. I will help you replace that door lock mechanism, its pretty easy to do and just plugs in;-)The best place for the parts : http://www.hooverspares.co.uk/ Call 03444 995599In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lock seems fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lock and wires are all ok
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks, ***** ***** means the main control board was damaged due to a surge during the power cut.Usually that lock light flashing is simply a bad lock, but in this case the damage went to the main control board and that will ned to be replaced to solve this problem. When these power cuts happen, sometimes there is a surge that comes wihen the turn it back on, and thats is the problem. You need to replace that main control board, the same supplier shoudl have one for you. But make sure to tell them you need one with a preprogrammed IC already installed, or you will need to pay a tech to reprogram it, and that is an expense you don't need;-)I will be here to help and please ask me before you remove any wiring plugs when you have the new board. I have advice for you to make this go smoothly.Thank youTech Michael