George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have just inherited an aeg 493321 mn oven. Apart

Hello. I have just inherited an aeg 493321 mn oven. Apart from having to replace 8 of my 10 saucepans because "F" flashes when I try to use them.... I cannot set the oven temperature and function before "Safe" is displayed. How can I disable safe mode PERMANENTLY. I am finding the appliance unusable. Please help!!!!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you please supply the PNC/Product code.. I can then attempt to assist you
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pnc###-##-####
You are using the wrong pans.. This is an induction cooker.
If you use incorrect cookware, the display shows the symbol 'F' and the cooking zone deactivates automatically after 2 minutes.
You need to obtain pans for use on an induction device
I will respond shortly regarding the SAFE lock
The SAFE is the child safety device and it operates differently on each appliance
On your appliance, follow these instructions to deactivate it:
Deactivating the child safety device
1. Touch 'Power button' to activate the hob. Do not set the heat settings.
2. Touch 'Padlock Sign' for 4 seconds. The display shows the symbol '0'.
3. Touch 'Power button' to deactivate the hob.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this several times. I don't have a problem using the hob, apart from the wrong pans of course. My problem is setting the oven before "safe" is displayed. This is my difficulty. I have the manual which outlines what you have said. There must be a way of disabling safe mode so you have sufficient time to programme your desired temp and function.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you've solved the problem! Keeping everything crossed.... ;-)
If you have followed the instruction I gave above 'to the letter', then this will disable the SAFE facility permanently. When you turn the appliance back on, the SAFE facility should no longer operate.
Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I can't believe how much time I have wasted on this. Much appreciated.