Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a rangemaster dishwasher. The power LED Has a light,

Hi, I have a rangemaster dishwasher. The power LED Has a light, but no other lights, so I can't select a programme. I have tried to re-set with no joy... And suggestions?
Steve
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ....please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rdw6012fiI have had it about three years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi... Did you receive the answer?Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Could you indicate how long it would be before getting a technical response? Thanks steve
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. I looks like kevinwhite as opted out of this.
So as to the fault if the on/off light comes on but not the programming screen then its possibley a faulty control unit.
What you need to do is remove the outer wooden door panel and then remove the front plastic control panel.
Make sure its unplugged and you will see the on/off switch on the left. You need a multi meter to check this and make sure its swithing over. I know you say the little light comes on but you need to test it with a multi meter to make sure its fine.
If the switch is ok then check the control board which you will see there on the right. Check the wiring plugs are pushed on there tight. Remove them and refit them and see how it goes from there.
If the lights still don't come on and the on/off switch is fine then the control unit will be the fault here and will need to be replaced to cure this here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will get back to you tomorrow...
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries that's fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel. I've got the cover off and looking at the circuitry. The switch had four terminals... Which do I test?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Looking at the switch theres 2 tags either side. You need to test the tags on the left and then the ones on the right.With the switch off you should get no reading.But when you press the switch you should get a reading then from it. If you do on both sides then the switch is ok so then you need to check the control board and see if theres signs of burning on there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switch is ok... I can't see any noticeable burning on the control panel.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok sometimes the control boards can fail and still look ok so its still more then likely the control board.
But another thing to check as I have had this but not often is the door wiring.
Remove the outer metal door panel and you will see the wires running down the door to the underside. You need to give each wire a tug one at a time and see if any have snapped if so then you need to repair the broken wire and see how that goes.
But if the wires are fine as is the switch then its more then likely the control board itself at fault here im afraid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No worries. Do you know where I can get a new panel from, and which one? I'm presuming its plug in, other than a few screws?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Copy and paste the link below for the control unit.
http://www.buyspares.co.uk/pcb-module/product.pl?pid=1744276&query=Rdw6012fi
This is a straight forward swap over as the wiring blocks just unplug and push back onto the new one.
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel. Much appreciated.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, just to let you know, your suggestion was right. All working now....
Thanks for the excellent advice.