Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a cm 107 microwave. the oven will heat and grill works

I have a cm 107 microwave. the oven will heat and grill works ,the turntable turns and the microwave timer will count down as it should but the microwave function has stopped heating.
Can you advise
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If the microwave side counts down ok and the turn table turns ok but not heating then theres a fault on the high voltage side of the microwave.
Now this can be a number of things, The magnetron, transformer, high voltage capacitor, high voltage fuse or diode. So as you can see theres a few things that can cause this fault here.
If you looking at fixing this yourself then you need to pull the microwave out and remove top cover.
Then before touching anything at all you must discharge the high voltage capacitor as even unplugged they can hold up to 4500v so they can throw you across the room if you don't discharge the high voltage capacitor. So they are not the best things to fix if you don't know much about microwaves.
But if you are handy then once you have discharged the cap you need a decent multi meter and test the magnetron and the high voltage fuse you will see if fitted.
If they are fine then you need to test the diode if you know how to test them as you need a megger to do this.
Try the above if you are able to but as I said microwaves are not the easyist things to fix unlike an oven as theres a lot more to fail and you need a decent multi meter to test it.
But from the fault you describe if its just not getting hot on microwave side it is a fault on the high voltage side here.