Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Indesit washer dryer model pwdc8125w. this machine was working

indesit washer dryer model pwdc8125w. this machine was working fine but had something stuck in the pump for some time. the pump will now not turn at all. the pump is working ok. many thanks.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Washer/Dryer ?Also, I'm unclear as you say the pump isn't turning but its working?Please clear that up for me so I can help effectively;-) Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there. yes the pump works when you power it with a seperate cable plus i did also change the pump just in case. the machine does all other fuctions but does not drain at any point. it is in good condition and may be 4 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** to be clear, the pump runs when powered from a different source?But not from the main control panel?Please explain, if you used a different power source for the motor to verify it runs as I suspect?ThanksTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I just need to be sure so I provide the correct answer to this ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i used a cable to run the pump

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** It sounds like you have a bad main control board:-(Its easy to replace but make sure you tell them you need one that comes with the Pre Programmed IC!That is important because sometimes they ship these with IC's that aren't programmed, then in that case you would need a service tech to come out and program it for you a cost you don't need;-)The best place to get that for quality parts at a good price is: http://www.indesit-spares.co.uk/But for this part I would call them. Also they don't list all parts on their site.Please call: 01489 782 492. I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified immediately ,and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael