Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have an old Whirlpool electric cooker with a gas

Customer Question

We have an old Whirlpool electric cooker with a gas hob and it has stopped working with an error code of FN26. We have switched it on/off and it started working again but it has stopped for a second time but with no error message. I would be grateful if you could advise of a solution if possible.
Kind regards.
Julie
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Julie, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Whirlpool electric cooker?Also may I have the full model # ? Thank you Julie.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MichaelWe have people staying in the house at the moment and they are going to look for the model number when they get home tonight. The model is around 15 years old.Regards.Julie
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Julie, thats fine, I will be here then when you reply.If I am not, I will see your message when i return and will reply promptly;-)Thank you and have a great day Julie, now worries this is common.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
The model number is *****
Regards.
Julie
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that Julie,Are you sure the error is FN 26?I need to be absolutely sure on this.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tenants took a phone of the screen I'll send it to you.They said the first error message was Fn26 and they then switched it off and back on and then the error changed to just Fn. it's not really too clear as the "F" is in caps and the "n" lower case, which could be a "0" without the bottom part. Will send photo. Regards. Julie
Regards Julie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how to attach. Do you have a mobile number I can forward on to. Regards. Julie
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Just let me know if you are going to do this yourself;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm afraid the bit about the parts and where to find them has disappeared could you please resend
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
hi yes I will re send that;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/ Call: 0844(###) ###-####Whirlpool Parts Ransom Spares. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need you to send the section about what part to order as it has disappeared of the response listing
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/ Call: 0844(###) ###-####Whirlpool Parts Ransom Spares. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MichaelYou still haven't said when the error message was for and what part to order. This is the second request, could you please answer as I am running out of time. Thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi there was a site issue and my message didnt get through sorry for that.What you have is a bad main control board. That part is pretty easy to replace if you are a little handy and have soem basic hand tools, i will help you do that if you choose to do this yourself. There is no soldering required just some plug in clips. I recommend taking a couple of pics of the connector placement before removing them so you wont have nay trouble knowing where they go back on the new board ;-)Please rate kindly at this time so I can stay with you on this until the repair is complete.Thank youTech Michael