Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My whirlpool fridge freezer has stopped making ice

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the full product code and model number please. Could you also confirm that the freezer is working correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S20D RBB32 -A/G
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes freezer is working
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, good morning, First thing is first! Lets not make more work for ourselves than we have to. “Work smarter not harder.” –some smart guy-Is the on of switch, located on the right side ice maker control slid to the on position? An invisible beam of infrared light is sent across the top of the ice bin to detect if the bin is full of ice. The on/off switch is a slide that will block the beam and stop ice production.Is the ice bin full? Hmmm.Could there be grime or frost on ether the emitter or receiver board windows that may block the light beam’s round trip?Please check this and let me know, also how old is your fridge?ThanksTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Also may I have the Full model # ***** your fridge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned ice button off then on . On control panel on outside of freezer and wiped infra red beam and receiver area and we are back in business it appears that the ice maker was working but then not ejecting it into bucket. Seems fine now so thanks for help
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anytime!Please rate my service to you so I can close this for you.Have a great weekend!Tech Michael