Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Neff single oven and the light bulb blew and tripped

Customer Question

I have a Neff single oven and the light bulb blew and tripped the electricity circuit. Ice replaced the bulb but the light will not turn off.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Can you give me the full ENr for the oven please, its on the rating label.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
B1451W0GB/01
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get that, Ian?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anybody there???
Give me a moment and I will just check the specs
OK do you have any means of testing for a voltage ie a two probe mains tester or multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I dont
OK you cant turn the light off, does this also mean that the oven is constantly on or is it just the light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the light
OK it looks like you have damaged the selector switch which feeds power to the oven thermostat and light assembly but through two different switch cams. Likely the light switch contacts have welded closed which is why you cant switch the light off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it easy to fix?
With care yes first thing I would do is with power off pull oven out and take off the top, you should then be able to follow the light cables back to the switch assembly and have a look with a torch at where it connects to the switch and look for burnt plastic or welded contacts. Can I just make this perfectly clear and underline it - do not take off any of the wires to anything unless you have noted where they go. Getting wiring diagrams for Neff products is like pulling teeth. Just have a look and see and then we can take if from there.