Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Problem with whirlpool oven AKZ196IX only about 50% heat

Customer Question

problem with whirlpool oven AKZ196IX only about 50% heat
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - are you using it on fan oven when you only have low maximum heat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes on fan oven it is the setting i use most of time i was told it was the fan element so i replaced it but it made no
difference what used to take 20 minutes now could take up to 45 minutes
OK the fact that the oven get warm indicates that the element is working but you seem to have a lack of temperature control which I would suggest is due to either the thermostat not getting the oven up to the correct temperature or that the fan is not running. When you switch it on is the fan running within the cavity, you should be able to see it spinning - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes fan is running ok,something that might help 2 days previous to reduction in temperature trip switch at fuse box tripped out so i just switched it on again and oven was on when this happened didnt happen since,but it might help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you not going to respond to me anymore,if so i will request a refund
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will wait another 24 hrs,i am a electronic technician,and have gone through a few checks by contacting you i thought that i might get to the problem quicker hopefully you can find someone qualified
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Just to make sure you are using the fan oven only setting not the fan and the upper and lower elements which has the lines above the fan on the control setting?
Also when you are using the oven do you hear a lot of clicking from the top of the oven as the oven is running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no matter which setting i am using on lower oven there is a lack of heat,as regards ***** ***** i never noticed anything when oven was on ,but lately i could hear like a ticking noise when oven was switched off after cooking
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi This is going to be the control board a fault. As the lower oven is controlled buy a sensor and a control board. Now you will find the control board will be the fault here as ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault. To cure this you need to pull the oven out and remove the top panel and you will see the main control board there. You need to replace this as the relays on there will be the fault switching on and off to early, As I said this is a fault ive seen a lot and if the heaters are fine then the control board itself will be the fault here. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks daniel,i will get a control board,and fit it,and will let you know
forgive my slow response but it is very hard to get on to website it
is just showing a blank page,it will be monday or tuesday before i
can get board
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries that's fine, Speak to you then.