George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I think the delay timer is stuck. The programme indicator

I think the delay timer is stuck. The programme indicator shows 4:00 and the little clock to the right is lit and underneath is a red arrow. Any ideas? I've tried pressing the delay button but nothing's happening. The model is ci971 washer dryer 1400 soon.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Unplug the appliance from the wall for 10 mins, then try again.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
Have tried that but it didn't have any effect....
What exactly is showing in the display?
Is there a KEY symbol in the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
....yes there is
To de-activate the Lock function, press and hold the Option button, then press the select button withion 3 seconds.
The “key” symbol will go out to indicate that the function has been de-activated.
Then try to operate the appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's unlocked it but the timer then showed 3:48 but increased to 3:55 and now 3:53?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried pressing the delay button repeatedly as recommended in the manual but that doesn't alter it....
Is the start/pause symbol in the display flashing or static?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Static
If the start/pause symbol in the display has become static and is not flashing then the program cycle has already started..
You can therefore now turn the dial to the off position to reprogram if you wish.
Please rate the assistance I have given you .. and then if you wish, you can return for further advice regarding this matter
regards
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi have given you a rating....can you answer the last question now please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. Sorry but I don't understand why I have to rate you before you have solved the problem. I said that the timer is on countdown and I was unable to stop it. I said I had tried to cancel it out by pressing the delay button several times but it didn't work. I have paid £27 already and it now seems you want me to pay again to finish with this enquiry. Please can you explain.
No, you do not pay any more than what you have already paid. I was busy for a while which took me away form the computer. I am not always here, but you can leave me messages.
You can not cancel the delay as the program has already started and the delay timer is no longer active.. The countdown you are now seeing is the countdown of the program.
If you now turn the dial to the 'O' position (12 O'clock) the machine should switch off.. When you switch it back on to a program all should be fine.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George I solved it finally. However the site did take me to a new enquiry page with the same request to choose whether urgent or not and payment accordingly. Perhaps this needs checking. Pleased to say all up and running now.
Excellent... I am sorry you had any issues with the site, however I am mearly an engineer and have nothing to do with the site building.
regards