George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I HAVE A HOTPOINT FDL 570 DISHWASHER, WHEN SWITCHED ON THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A HOTPOINT FDL 570 DISHWASHER, WHEN SWITCHED ON THE TWO RED LIGHTS NEXT TO THE ON/OFF SWITCH ARE ON AND THE MACHINE WILL NOT FILL WITH WATER. THE PUNP/HEATER WHEN PUT DIRECTLY ON 230V INPUT RUNS BUT SLOWLEY
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Are there any lights flashing on the right hand side?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, all three ***** *****ghts flash after about 30 seconds also the twa red lights start flashing at the same rate if you wait long enough
Sorry I've been away for a while..
LED 1, 2 & 3 down the right side indicates that the module has detected no turbine rotation
Check wiring between turbine and module.
Check Turbine rotation
Can I ask if the above has solved the problem for you, or if not, do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wiring seems OK trying a new turbine, maybe off load ie not actually pumping water it revolves but on load it not pumping strong enough. Could be worn brushes but there appears no way into the motor to check them. Thanks for the help
The turbine motor used is a synchronous motor and they are not repairable.
Is there any power to the turbine?
Check the pressure switch..
The module checks state of the Pressure Switch.
- if Pressure Switch Full Position reached - Programme Continues to Wash.
- if Pressure Switch at Empty Position, fills with a maximum of 5.5 litres of water measured by Fill Turbine.
If the Pressure Switch is still in the Empty Position, the machine will drain and continues with the cycle. No Fault Code will be displayed.
The Water Level in normal conditions is almost up to the top of the filter.