Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Neff microwave/conventional oven Type B6784NOGB/01

Customer Question

We have a Neff microwave/conventional oven Type B6784NOGB/01 Serial 8801/00129.
Whatever duration of microwaving we set the timer immediately goes straight to 2 seconds before the end and then stops after those 2 seconds.
Power is getting to the fan and the display but the problem seems to be to do with the timer. I am a professional engineer and have worked with military radar and magnetrons.
Is there a simple remedy or a spare part which I could fit?
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your microwave ?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
8 years. Only 1 previous fault which was fuse blown on the pcb Dominic
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
8 years
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for that info. This is unfortunately the main control board.This part is a bit expensive but easy to replace if you are a little handy, I will help if you wan to do that?Only a few basic hand tools are required as well. But a word of caution!Microwaves can contain lethal voltages in a capacitor inside the unit even when power is disconnected !!!You shouldn't need to worry about that because its no where near the main control board which is part of the display.Considering the age of your microwave I woudl consider replacing the microwave as due to its age its likely more parts components will begin to fail as well;-(But the best place for the part is: http://www.espares.co.uk/I woudl call them for this because they do not post all parts on their site;-)Please call: 0844 9777 888. As a last resort on parts avail, please call Neff Parts:0344(###) ###-####If you’re in the Republic of Ireland, call us on (01)(###) ###-####or In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a Great Day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks Michael. Vivian at espares says there is control panel part 446237 and there is Display module part 446076 - which do I need or both? The machine is combined with a conventional fanned, self cleaning conventional oven and was £1,000 eight years ago so it may be worth mending. Dominic
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.
Hi just the control panel will be all you need ;-)Please rate kindly thanksAnd yes it is worth the cost of this repair part;-)Tech Michael;-)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for asking. Control panel delivery end of Feb. Keep the file open in case I get stuck installing it Dominic
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi Dom I will be here;-)Please rate my service thus far. Once you do, I will be able to keep this open for you no cost.would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Michael: I fitted the new main control board. It looked exactly the same as the old one as to components and terminals. I cabled it up as per the old one. It came with a green wire 1.23 metres long but no instructions what it was for.The microwave now works properly. However the conventional oven does not now work. On powering up it displays fault No 1: faulty temperature sensor - to acknowledge press Stop. Then the display goes blank and nothing works on the oven (right hand) side. Can that secondry fault have suddenly happened? I wiggled all the connections. What next please? Regards Dominic
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi Dom, it could be a faulty temp sensor, there are I think, tow or three in this unit. You need to check them all for continuity. To do that you need to remove the two wires from each one and check them for continuity, they should have an internal connection, sort of like a fuse.One is on the Magnetron and one is near the cabinet somewhere. And yours may have another somewhere inside. Also check the heating element since yours equipped, if all that is good, you likely got a bad replacement board, it happens often that you think lol, I see that all the time in my line of work.ThanksTech Michael ;-)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Michael: I have at last had a chance to fit the second spare control panel and the same thing happens - microwave works. Oven says faulty temp sensor. The 3 sensors measure continuous. Unlikely 2 panels are faulty. Am I re-connecting the numerous connectors wrongly? Is there a diagram so I can check? What else if it is not the panel and not a sensor? Regards *****
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi ,First if its operational I believe you have it hooked up correctly.And the error you are getting could be one of two things, This doesn't sound like two bad boards, one of two things.it sounds like either the magnetron is overheating, or one of the thermal sensors has tripped, please check yours should have at least two of them, one on the magnetron and one on the cook box. Let me know. To test them no matter hwo many you have, you remove the two wires from the sensor and test the sensor for continuity, it shoudl have full continuity. If it has no cont, then it needs to be jumper-ed (as a test) to see if that cures the problem. If so, please replace the bad one ;-) Im here when you need me.