Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a whirlpool adp 4601. The green light is blinking 4

I have a whirlpool adp 4601. The green light is blinking 4 times which I see is some problem with the water draining system. I'm not aware that the water was having trouble in going down the waste pipe in the immediate past. What should I check before calling in someone to try a repair.
We inherited this machine when we bought our house some three years back. How old is this machine likely to be?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.This is more than likely a failed water drain pump. Its not too expensive and takes only a few minutes to replace.When these machines sit a period of time, these parts can fail.There really isnt anything else to check other than the drain line which you already have checked ;-)But tell, me, when does this error come up immediatly when you turn it on?If so, try unplugging the machine for an hour minimum to make sure the main board resets as sometimes (rarely) they will glitch and get stuck in a wrong mode temporarily until the reset.That may solve this but not likely.All you will need if this doesn't work is a new water pump.If you are handy and want to do this with my guidance please let me know. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved. Again, no further cost ;-)Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael