George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I'm trying to disconnect my Siemens dishwasher from the

Hi, I'm trying to disconnect my Siemens dishwasher from the water mains supply. But when I unscrew the electronic valve from water mains it sets to spray before I've unscrewed it much. I've turned the water mains valve off (it's in a horizontal position when the pipe is vertical) but no good. Where am I going wrong?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Either the lever on the tap of the water mains valve has been fitted wrongly, the lever is damaged and is turning without turning the valve, or the valve is faulty.
Using a screwdriver, remove the screw from the taps lever; then use a pair of pliers or grips to turn the valve pin to the correct position.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.