George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a dishwasher fault on a AEG favorit f44050vi button

Customer Question

Hello I have a dishwasher fault on a AEG favorit f44050vi button flashing on program and red dot flashing on straight arrow and beeping, I have reset and tested the drain and cold feed filter but still won't work ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me the PNC from the label on the side of the door.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PNC number ***********
Can you tell me how many times the END light is flashing before it pauses
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
The light flashes three times ?
Thanks for finding that out... 3x Indicates that the Anti-Flood system has been activated.. The Aqua-Control System switches off solenoid directly. Check to see if you have water in the base of the appliance. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No water draining fine, added hot water by hand and pump cleared it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George what is the orange arrow inside the machine on the left hand side meant to be set on ? One or zero ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But more important what do think the fault is please
Not inside the appliance tub... Inside the base of the appliance where the hoses and the motor are... There is an Anti-Flood float system in the base that has likely detected water from a leak or an overflow..
To check this you will need to remove the appliance from its housing and remove the right hand side panel, or tilt the appliance backward slightly (having turned off at the power) to see if water comes out from the base at the rear of the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
There's no signs of water in side the base after removing appliances and tilting it and removing right hand side of dishwasher ? Your thoughts please ?
I am away in Scotland for a few days, I will not be back till Monday. I can open the current question for somebody else to answer if you wish, else can you wait till Monday?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No worries George
I've brought a new dishwasher ! Pissed off with the old one !
As I said earlier 3X is related to the antiflood system. The next alternative would have been the Aqua stop itself which prevents water entering the machine should there be a problem. Failing there being a problem with the Aqua stop, the PCB would then be the next suspect. We would've needed to have tested those in sequence Regards George
Let me know if you need further help
Please rate the assistance I gave to you...