Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The power unit Kenwood Blender/Mixer/Juicer (2008) in

Customer Question

The power unit for my Kenwood Blender/Mixer/Juicer (2008) in the FP260 series just does not work. It seems to be absolutely dead. Its number is ***** Can I get it repaired or must I buy a replacement? If the latter, where can I secure one please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Kenwood mixer Juicer?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was new in 2008.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that. With this one, repairs are possible, but the cost between shipping and the parts and labor make it not a realistic option Im afaid.I would replace this unit with a new one. Besides, the new ones are better, and have more features and also cost less then that one did 8 years ago.I wish I had better news for you I really do.But if cost is no object then I will help you further with where to send it in for service. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Before I opt for a new machine, I'll try one more possibility: Kenwood has no Customer Service or Repair people in Edinburgh, where I live. However there are a couple in Glasgow, one of which is ten minutes' walk from the Bus Station. I'll use my bus pass to get there and see what help I can get.
Thanks for your comments and guidance.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi your very welcome.Please let me knwo if you need further assistance;CheersTech Mike