Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My AEG washer/dryer has stopped mid wash...'beeped' as if it

My AEG washer/dryer has stopped mid wash...'beeped' as if it had finished the cycle, but machine is still full of water, it stopped about 20mins into a 1hr 5min cycle.
I switched it off, tried putting on same wash cycle, then tried 'drain' cycle but when I press start button it just says 'error' (no code) then goes back to showing minutes of cycle! Its a Lavamat turbo, product no.###-##-####03
Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your AEG Washer/Dryer ?Also may I have the full model # ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's about 5yrs old..can't find receipt... Model no.16850 (I think that's the no.?)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.This could be a bad drain pump (more than likely), but it could be that the main control has froze up.Please unplug the washer fro 30 full minutes then plug it back in to allow the system to reset. Then try the machine on drain, if you get the same problem, you need a new drain motor. This is easy to replace if you are handy and have a few basic hand tools. I will help you with this.The best place to get that new drain pump is:http: //shop.aeg.co.uk/index.htmlI will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly at this time;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will try that, thank you. If I come back to you on this same problem do I have to pay again?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi you can re connect with em I don't think you need to pay again;-)Thank youTech Michael