Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Elica Typhoon SS kitchen extractor which has

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Elica Typhoon SS kitchen extractor which has failed, after giving off a beeping sound. The fan doesn't work, and the switches are no longer illuminated. However, there is an electrical current going to each of the two fuses I can see in the PCB, and also current leaving each fuse. Have you any idea what can be the likely cause? PCB failed? Switch failed? Or fan failed?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rich, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your ?Also may I have the full model # ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,As I am not at home, I will not be able to give you full details until this evening.
The extractor is an Elica Typhoon SS, and was installed I believe in 2000. So by no means a new model! However, I am not keen on replacing it entirely, if I can get away with replacing parts. I hope you understand. I will send more details after 6pm.Richard
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thats fine, and yes parts are available and the way I would go with this one. I await your next next this evening;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Let's discuss later.Richard
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
;-)I Will be here when you are ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,I have copied the details from the sticker. Here they are:elica
Model Typhoon SS
Supply 50Hz ac only
Watt 246 nr 0011
Type E050 S35 3HTB
DR Cooker Hoods Ltd
Elica House*****Farnborough, Hants
GU 14 7QUI have also taken a photo of the wiring diagram, though I confess I am not sure what use it will be to me!help!Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the wiring diagram attached
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rich,When this failed, was everything working as I suspect, and boom, now nothing other than the beeping?ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lights not worked for years. Otherwise all was working ok. Beeps were very quiet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By that I. Mean the diwnlights not the lights on the switch.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that ,This is a bad main control board, they can fail in a few different ways with different symptoms. But this is a classic one for this model.Its easy enough to replace and there is no soldering required, just plugs with wires to remove and replace;-)Don't worry , I will help you with this and all you need are a few basic hand tools to complete this repair..The best place to get that board is: http://www.buyspares.co.uk/elica-spares/shop.pl In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael. Much appreciated I will follow your link tomorrow. Bye for now. Richard
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
No problem Rich, please rate kindly at this time so I don't lose contact with you until we are through. Once you rate, I will see that and reply immediately so you and I can continue, no cost to rate;-)Thanks and have a great evening Rich. Tech Michael