Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a fridge freezer which was purchased in March 2009.

Customer Question

I have a fridge freezer which was purchased in March 2009. The freezer part is working fine but the fridge isn't cold enough. It is showing 11 or 12 degrees. What could the problem be?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Frigde ?Also may I have the full model # ?And please do me a favor, check inside the Freezer on the back wall, is there any heavy frost or ice build up there?And does the fan inside the freezer behind the rear wall, run? Can you hear it when you close the door?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michael
The fridge/freezer is 7 years old. It is a ***** ***** JLFFW2007.
There is no build up of frost or ice on freezer back wall.
I cannot hear the fan running.
Evelyn
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi when you open the freezer, can you see a button to press that the door activates when it closes?And do you hear the compressor run ,its behind the fridge on the bottom It sounds like a hum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see a button on door of freezer. There is a hum.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok thats good,This sounds like you may have a bad fan back there. To check it you need to empty the freezer and remove the back wall. There are screws you will see to do this. Also when the back wall inside the freezer is out, you can see if there is any excess ice on the coils, if there is please let me knwo. I will be here. Other wise you will need a repair tech to do this for you.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed back panel, no sign of any excess ice or frost. During this process the temperature of the fridge dropped to 5 degrees so if it stays at that, the problem is solved.
Evelyn
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi that would be awesome, But I will be here if you have trouble again, just let me know.have a great weekend!Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
After the initial euphoria thinking the problem had been solved, it's clear that the fridge is still not cold. Do you think it could be the fan that needs to be replaced and if so is it a job we can do ourselves?
Evelyn
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Evelyn,If the coils get good and frosty evenly, then yes I would suspect the fan especially if you can not get it to run, And yes you can replace this part, I will help you when you have the fan in your hands;-)All you need are a few basic hand tools the fans just plugs into a wiring harness.The best place to get that fan is: Espares. http://www.espares.co.uk I would call then to order this fan as they don't list all parts on site and you need to be sure they give you the correct one, so let them pick it out for you when you call them;-)Please call: 0844 9777 888.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day Evelyn!Tech Michael