Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Why does my top oven keep cutting out after about 15 minutes.

Customer Question

Why does my top oven keep cutting out after about 15 minutes. I replaced the seals on both top and bottom ovens before Christmas. Prior to that both ovens were working normally. My Model number ZKG 5540.
***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Catherine, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your ?Also when it cuts out, please explain what it doen to the display and also is it always at the same amount of time or temperature that this happens?Thank you Catherine.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,my cooker is about 7-8 years old.It always cuts out at the same amount of time and temperature , It doesn't do any thing to the display.'
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** your oven around the top rear, you are looking for a small probe that you can see, did you find it?ThanksTech michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it a small rectangle with a spike sticking out ? It's the only thing I can see .
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks , that is the thermostat and more than likely that is all you will need to repair this oven;-)Its easy to do and I will help you when you have that part.The best place to get a new thermostat for this oven is: Espareshttp://www.espares.co.uk/ I would call them to order this part a they don't list all parts on their website;-)Please call espares: 0844 9777 888.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,Thanks , The Order ID 15993207-113 . I take it that's the number i need to quote for the replacement thermostat ?
I'm sure we will need you help to replace it !Kind regardsCatherine.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Catherine I will be here ;-)Have a great weekend!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michael ,When I contact Espares and quoted the Thermostat ID 15993207-113 the assistant couldn't identify it ? She asked for the make and model number of my cooker which I gave her, I have now received a thermostat for the top oven ES(###) ###-####which she said was compatible with my model . My husband has taken the back off the cooker and is at loss as to how and where it should fit ..? Is this the right thermostat ? Please help!***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cath,what you need is not the thermostat, but the thermal probe only inside the ovens cavity.Hopefully that helps?Please let me know.Also all they should need is the model # ***** the oven no the part ;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,I've just to spoken to Samantha Green at customer support at Espares regarding the return of the thermostat and ordering a thermal probe , I quoted the ID number you sent me but they don't have any product with that no or anything called a thermal probe !. She thinks the part I need it is an Electrode part no ES1605939 . Grill Cavity PNG 83K..
Could this be the right part ?Catherine
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Catherine,This is a common part, and almost every oven has one;-)It called the temperature probe, and thermal probe here in the US and I know they fdo carry the one for your oven. If they have a lousy salesman today lol, you can always get that part from:http://www.yourspares.co.uk/parts/zanussi/cookers-and-ovens.aspxPlease call:01243 822 114.