Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hoover DYND hasn't drained. Showing display as 10 14 A2 Will

Hoover DYND hasn't drained.
Showing display as 10 14 A2
Will not spin or activate any programme.
Suggestions?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full model number of the washer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hoover DYN 7164D1X/1-80
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - How are you doing with this?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
If you turn it to off and then select a spin cycle does the display change?
Also have you checked the filter at the bottom behind the plastic trim on the front at the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried to select diff spin cycle. Display doesn't change.
Cannot open filter, jammed shut.
Any other suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have opened filter and water poured all over the floor...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you suggest?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the filter is jammed it will be because it blocked.
What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall or unit.
Then get a washing bowl under the filter and slacken it and then drain the water out into the blow there.
Once the water is out then try and fully remove the filter. If its tight you need to use a pair or pliers and see if this removes it and then clear out any debris blocked in there.
Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checking filter - no blockage. What next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now no display at all.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok try this as its a test cycle and see what happens and see if it clears it.
Starting The Test Sequence
1. Press and hold button 1
2. Turn the program selector knob clockwise 2 steps
3. As soon as the LED on button 1 lights, release the button
4. All LEDs should light
5. After three seconds but within 5 seconds press button 1
6. After correctly set the two rows of LEDs, residual time/time delay and buttons should flash alternately
Auto-Test Sequence
• Fill to first level through pre-wash compartment, hot fill energised where present. If fitted the recirculation pump is also energised.
• One second pause
• Heater energised for approx 16 seconds and distribution cam on soap drawer moves the spray nozzle to main wash compartment.
• Cold valve, hot, where fitted and recirc pump, where fitted, energized. Main motor tumbles anti-clockwise at 55rpm for approx 13 seconds.
• Motor paused, filling continues
• Cold valve, hot, where fitted and recirc pump, where fitted, energized. Main motor tumbles anti-clockwise at 55rpm for approx 13 seconds. At this point, by pressing button “3” the drum speed can be reduced to 35rpm.
• Drain pump energised until pressure switch detect that the machine is empty
• Short spin, roughly 27 seconds at half the maximum rated speed
• End of test
Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no button 1.It operates by turning the dial to chosen wash type. And then pushing start.I don't think you've got the right model. (Hoover DYND)
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Button 1 is the first option button under the screen on the left.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No light after pressing 'button1' and holding it for several seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only getting any light at all when turning off and on at socket
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds like its a faulty control unit here im afraid,
What you can try if you haven't already is use a different plug socket that you know works just in case its a faulty socket.
But if that's fine then you need to remove the panel of the washer and look behind the control panel and you will see the control board.
Remove the wiring block on there and refit it a few times and see if this gets it back on.
But if none of that cures it then its either a faulty display control board or the main power board at the bottom.
Now theres no way of testing a control board to see which is at fault.
But from the fault you describe with the letters you had on at first and now not coming on at all then its more then likely the front display control board here that's causing this fault you have.
Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like it's kapput then. No hope with this machine. Just two years old.
Thx anyway.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
To be honest Hoover are not like they used to be. Years ago they were a very good washer, Now a days they are one of the most unreliable washers out there.
We don't repair many of them as its nearly always either the control unit or the drums that fail on these and both are not usually worth fixing due to the cost.
Just sorry its not good news for you. But if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.