Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch Wash + Dry Logixx 7/4 and thought I should

I have a Bosch Wash + Dry Logixx 7/4 and thought I should clean my filter as its never been cleaned and I am starting to see water left in the drum from time to time. However I have drained the washing machine but neither my husband or I can open the filter to clean it .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
If you try and remove the filter are you able to turn it at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's the problem it's stuck and I can't turn it at all
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok something will be stuck in there stopping the filter from turning.
What I do on this when I get the fault is hold the filter with a pair of pilers and try and turn it using them as sometimes the filters can be very tight.
Or if that's not the case then hold the filter with the pilers and try and loosen it and then quickly tighten it back up and loosen it again.
Do this several times quickly and this should dislodge what ever it is in there.
Try that and see what happens and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have done that and it has loosened it a bit but still can't get it out and are scared of damaging the cap . Are you meant to turn it clockwise or anitclockwise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have just been jiggling it slightly from side to side
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if its just not moving at all then all you can do now is access the pump underneath.
Pull the washer out and lean it backwards and have someone hold for you.
Then look under the washer and hopefully on this model it isn't a sealed base. So there you will see the pump.
Going to this is a black hose. Remove the hose and then you can feel inside the pump and remove what ever it is in there stopping the filter from turning. Then you can remove it then.
But if you do have the sealed base then im afraid you need to remove the front panel to access this. If this is the case then get back to me with the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no way I can do that. It's a Bosch Logixx 7/4 washer dryer and weighs a tonne
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any other suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a Bosch Logixx 7/4 washer dryer and it weighs a ton and would have to be pulled out first. There is no way we could do that just on the off chance. Do you have any other suggestions?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
If you are unable to remove the washer then all you can do is either hold the filter as tight as you can with the pilers and turn it as hard as you can.
Hopefully it will break what ever it is then there. But if the filter itself breaks then you will need to replace the filter from there.
Once the filter breaks you can then remove it and clear out what ever it is in there and then you will need to get a new filter.
But if you don't want to do this then you only other option is to get an engineer in to remove the washer and do it for you.
That's your only options here im afraid if you are unable to remove the washer yourself.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help much appreciated. Just wanted to make sure we had explored all options before calling an engineer out