Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint Iced Diamond fridge/freezer the red warning

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Iced Diamond fridge/freezer the red warning light at the top has come on although the temperature of the fridge seems to have been maintained, the freezer however does not seem to be cold enough. Is this a sign of a major problem?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Fridge?Also may I have the full model # ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure of age but certainly 20 years plus. Model No RF60P serial no 17102477. Hope this helps
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** case I need you to defrost this one for 24 hours with the doors open.That will help us determine the problem. If you do this, and the light goes out, you may be ok, but let me know what happens after the defrost, Sorry for that inconvenience.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will do that and come back to you. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ho you can rate using the stars I think they shoudl be up top?Thanks, ***** ***** do that, I will see it, and will reply to your then so you can reach me in the future when you ened me, no cost for any of that;-)Have a nice weekend and Please rate at this time.Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael, did as you suggested and defrosted with doors open for 24 hours but still the same i.e. fridge working ok but freezer not getting cold enough - any further suggestions ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry forgot to mention red light still on !
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi can you hear the fan in the freezer behind the rear wall? Two things will cause the problem you have, (1) the fan isn't running. (2) the electronic air gate that is controlled by the system board and T-stat isn't working. in this case you would need the Servo controlled air gate.Both are easy to replace if you are a little handy and have a few basic hand tools;-) I will help you either way. But first we need to confirm the fan operation, also when the freezer door is closed open the fridge and let me also knwo if there is any air flow from that air gate (cold intake vent in the fridge section).Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael, we have digested your latest information and decided that as the fridge/freezer is quite old we will not pursue this further and will purchase a new one. Anyway thanks for your help, we would certainly use you again should the occasion arise
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I understand, Please rate kindly my service so I can close this for you. No cos to rate in a kind fashion;-) Thank you and best of luck with your new fridge!Tech Mcihael