Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hoover condenser tumble dryer (VHC 680C). The dryer

Customer Question

I have a Hoover condenser tumble dryer (VHC 680C). The dryer runs but does not heat.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
What you need to do is remove the bulge cover on the back and from there you will see the heater.
Take it out and check the heater coils on there and make sure they haven't broken.
If you have a multi meter then you need to test the thermostats on the top of the heater. If any are faulty then the heater will need to be replaced as these come complete.
So check it out but to be honest when you get these dryers not heating its nearly always the heater unit as the heater and thermostats are altogether in there.
So replace the heater and this should cure the fault here if the heater or thermostats are faulty.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not helpful to an average person and just confirms the need to have a call by a specialist.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry you don't find that helpful but what else was I to say to you? I though you was looking for help on fixing this yourself that's why you came to this site as that's what we do here. We help you to fix your own appliances.So for the fault you have that's the only answer I can give without lying to you.