Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch washing machine. Avantixx 6. On certain

hello. I have a Bosch washing machine. Avantixx 6. On certain settings the m/c gets stuck in the wash cycle and does not go onto rinse. I have solved this by stopping the cycle and manually selecting rinse and spin. The problem has now spread so that it affects all the was cycles. Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full model number please from the sticker on the inside of the door. It will start E-nr.
Also is it still working ok on just the rinse cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WAE24366GB/25 FD(###) ###-####
The rinse (and spin) cycle work fine. The problem is with the wash cycles. The wash cycles do not advance to rinse and will run all day if allowed to. So my routine at the moment is to set the wash cycle. Let it run for an hour. Then interrupt it, and turn it onto rinse and spin. This is all fine and good, but it is not what an automatic m/c should do!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
What this will be is a heater fault. This is a classic sign of a faulty heater as if it doesn't reach the temperature it causes this fault were as a rinse only cycle doesn't heat so that will be why the rinse still works.
What you need to do is access the heater and test it with a multi meter and see if faulty. As im pretty sure you will find it fault.
To access the heater its located at the front of the drum so the front panel will need to be removed. To do this you need to open the door and remove the metal clamp around the seal and unlip the door seal.
Then remove the screws holding the door lock.
Then remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and remove the screws holding the front panel on at the bottom.
Then remove the soap drawer and then in the bottom right corner were the drawer goes you will see a screw. Remove this screw.
Then you need to push the front panel down and you can then lift it off.
Now you will see the heater. Test the resistance of the heater and it should be about 28 Ohms.
If faulty then you need to replace the heater.
Then with a new heater this will cure the fault and it will be back to normal now.
So check that and see what you find. As ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open? If you need anymore help then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heating element showed an open circuit, replacing it solved the problem - as you suspected. A lot of lime scale and muck came off the old element as I pulled it out and I should have taken care to clear out the sump that is just before the pump before I ran the m/c. A fair amount of grinding noise from the pump ensued, but it seems ok now. Thanks for your advice.