Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch dishwasher sgs45c02gb/11 that sticks on 1

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch dishwasher sgs45c02gb/11 that sticks on 1 minute. It is both draining and washing. The 3 sec reset drains it and I have tried tilting it etc. Before I buy a new dishwasher is this something I can fix easily?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the drain pump is draining the water out then if its sticking on 1 minute its usually down to a heating problem.
What you need to do is check the heater element in the bottom of the dishwasher by taking the right hand side panel off.
If the heater is fine then you need to check the control board in the door. Take this off and open the caseing and remove the board. From there check to see if the control board has a burn mark or dry joint on it. If so try and resolder it and see if this cures it.
Check it out and see what you find if you can. But usually in this case it sounds like a heating problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Would the faulty heater element explain why the machine is still washing on the one min. I.e still happily throwing water around the insides? How do I check the water heater element?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Yeap as that's one of the signs when it fails as it sticks on 1 minute.
To check the heater you need a multi meter.
Pull the dishwasher out and remove the right hand side panel.
Then look under the dishwasher towards the middle and you will see the wires to the heater.
You need to test the heater for resistance but first you need to fill the dishwasher with water as the plunger in the heater will then push out to make a circuit for the heater.
If its faulty then the heater will need to be replaced which to be honest is a nightmare on these as you need to remove the metal tank from the base.
But if the heater is fine then its going to be the control board at fault here which to be honest most of the time it is the control board that causes this fault.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.
If you need anymore help on this just get back to me.
If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.