Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Zanussi zm266stg everything working but the microwave, is there

Customer Question

zanussi zm266stg everything working but the microwave, is there an internal fuse it worth mending or just get a whole new assembly? I've already replaced the oven element a few years ago
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Yes theres an internal fuse in there.
What you need to do is remove the outer casing and at the back were the power cable goes to is a small circuit board. On there are 2 fuses.
Its usually the smaller fuse that fails which is an 8amp fuse. You need to check that and see if faulty.
But before touching anything in there you need to first discharge the high voltage capacitor as they can stored up to 4500v even when unplugged.
So check that fuse and fingers crossed its just that. But if it blows straight away again then theres a fault in there. Now this can be a number of things. It can be the magnetron, transformer, high voltage capacitor or diode as any of them can take the internal fuse out you they would need to be checked out with a multi meter.
But check the internal fuse first if you can and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes its the 8 amp fuse, I will order one and let you know the outcome, I have a neighbour who helped me get the amicrowave out and take it apart, he has a multimeter
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Fingers crossed its just the fuse for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll let you know
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries speak soon
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.
If you need anymore help on this just get back to me.
If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.