Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a NEFF K5930 Fridge Freezer. It is about 5 years old

Customer Question

I have a NEFF K5930 Fridge Freezer. It is about 5 years old and the freezer section is now icing up inside. I have defrosted it but the unit ices up again. Any advice would be gratefully received!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If this is happening you have a fault on the defrost side. As its not going into auto defrost mode so the ice builds up like this.
What you need to do is empty the freezer and from the back panel in there.
Behind there is the evaporator. Wrapped around this is the defrost heater. You need a multi meter to test this. Follow the wires and test the heater for resistance and if faulty then it will need to be replaced.
If the heater is fine then you need to test the thermal cut outs which you will see attached to the wiring of the heater.
But if they are all ok then the control board will be the fault here.
So check them and see what you find as if its not auto defrosting it will be one of the above at fault causing this fault here.