johnnn40
johnnn40, Customer Service
Experience:  service and repair of home and commercial appliances
22250861

Replaced diaphragm washer to main medway super gas water heater

Customer Question

replaced diaphragm washer to main medway super gas water heater water leaking from all around the valve? tried using a heat resistant silicone compound to seal the joint? all the bolts are screwed up tight? the valve wont stop leaking?
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.
If sealing the valve housings and tightening the screws does not solve the leak problem, you'll need to replace the valve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What reason would there be to replace the valve? It could become very costly?
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.
Are we discussing the water governor valve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes?
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.
Is that the valve you replaced the gasket in? If it is, you need to reseal it with an automotive seal forming gasket material, such as the type you might use for valve covers.I've found a website, www.partscenter.co.uk, where you can buy a new water governor valve. You're correct in saying they're expensive.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.
The sealer I would use is Permatex Blue RTV. Using this product eliminates the need for a fabric gasket.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance, before your request times out?