George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Samsung washing machine won't start. it appears to be

Customer Question

Hi. My Samsung washing machine won't start. it appears to be stuck from last setting. Child lock is showing as being activated, whenever i try to depress this I get a message 6c-0d
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ITs a samsung ecobubble 9.0kg washing machine - less than a year old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Machine switches on ok.
All lights - rinsing etc are lit.
When turning the dial to select a program, I get various errors i.e. synthetics - ERO, Denim - no,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deactivating child lock doesn't work.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me the exact model of the appliance please
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung Ecobubble WF90F5E3U4W 9Kg Washing Machine with 1400 rpm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To confirm, from an off position.
When pressing the start button to activate the machine to on, the last setting used is displayed along with the child lock (red padlock).When deactivating the child lock, padlock starts flashing and code 6c-0d is displayed.The rinse, washing, rinsing, spin icons lit.When the dial is moved around to different programs, different codes are displayed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine will not start any program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error code is displayed 6C (flashes) then -0d (flashes) and repeats.
If you want to activate or deactivate the Child Lock function, hold down the Temp and Rinse buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
When an error occurs, hold down the Spin and Option buttons at the same time for 3 seconds to run the Smart Check function.
Alternatively, the Smart Check function can be run if no button is pressed after the washing machine is turned on.
This information, you can find in your user manual...
Please let me know the results following you trying these two scenarios
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As previously mentioned above, nothing happens when pressing Temp and Rinse. The child lock is still activated and just flashes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when pressing the Spin and Option buttons at the same time for 3 seconds apart from the child lock flashing
Is the appliance program dial on the same setting as it was when you first set the child lock?
Contact details you have requested are below.