Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Appliance Aquarius WF740P 1400 spin hotpoint washing machine.

appliance Aquarius WF740P 1400 spin hotpoint washing machine. Appliance will not spin,does everything else but as soon as it should go to spin it shows END & then ERROR. At this point you can not switch the machine off without switching off the power.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. How old is your Washer?Also does it agitate now?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5/6 years old
does everything except spin
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,This is more than likely just the lid switch, its fairly easy to replace and I will help.The best place to get a new lid switch is : http://www.hotpoint-spares.co.uk/I would call them to order this part for many reasons this part: 01489 782 492.I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my washing machine is a front loading machine so does not have a lid
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm sorry I, was working with another question on the same issue but your sis NOT the door lock!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Yours is a bit different. Yours needs a new main control board to solve this problem, also available from the same source I sent to you.Make sure when you call for that, they give you one with a pre programmed IC already installed!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Otherwise you will need a tech to come out and do that for you at an additional expense.Its easy to change out, but TIP (take a few pics of the wiring clips so you know exactly where they go on the new board.Tech MichaelPlease don't forget to rate kindly, once you do that, I will be notified and will send you a confirmation so you knwo how to get in touch with me when you have the board;-)