Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm John. We have a Neff Dish Washer which has been working perfactly

Customer Question

Hi, I'm John.
We have a Neff Dish Washer which has been working perfactly for about 15 years. Recently we had our electricity consumer unit changed and now each time we use the dishwasher it trips the circuit breaker at some stage during the drying cycle. Is this a fault with the machine that needs urgent attention?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
This is more then likely the heater element that's causing this fault.
As the heaters can leak to earth and trip the electrics out.
Ive seen this fault many times were a customer as an appliance working fine until the consumer unit is replaced and then the fault shows up.
Because on the old consumer unit it was sensitive enough to pick the fault up were as new ones can be very sensitive so picks up faults like this. Which is a good thing really as the dishwasher is faulty and will need to be fixed.
So for this you will need to get the heater checked out and replaced. But these are very expensive. You can be looking at around £110 just for the heater and about £60 roughly for the labour so an expensive fix on this.
Sorry its not good news but this is a fault in the dishwasher im afraid.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your comments. Looking through the parts list for the dishwasher on the Neff web site, the only heater mentioned is the water heater, there doesn't appear to be a separate heating element (even on the exploded diagrams). Does this serve a dual function as a heater and drier?Thanks,
John
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That's it. There's only one heater in there and that's the wash heater. There isn't a heate for the dryer side as it uses residue dryer by this it does a hot rinse and then sits there for around 20 mins doing nothing. This is when it dries.
So that wash heater you have found is the only heater in there.Regards