Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Daniel, I have an AEG Lavamat washing machine. I tried switching

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I have an AEG Lavamat washing machine. I tried switching it on to run programme, but no power/ display. i ve changed the fuse but nothing..Please help..
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number of the washer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11842VIT
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
If theres no lights coming on the front of the washer and the power supply is fine then its more then likely the main control board at fault here.
But what you can try first is pull the washer out and remove the top.
From there look behind the control panel and you will see a small control board.
On there is a red wiring harness going to the main control board just behind that small board.
Disconnect the wiring block on there and see if the lights come on. If it does then the small board which is the dryer board will be the fault and will need to be replaced.
But if after that its still not powering up then the main control board will be the fault here and will need to be replaced.
Ive seen this fault many times im afraid and to be honest 8 out of 10 its the main control board at fault but try the above and you will see which is the problem here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That all sounds hideous! Don't think ill be pulling anything out tonight! But i will try again tomorrow. Not looking good..Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
To be honest its normally good news when you get this fault.
Fingers crossed its the smaller dryer board as that's cheaper then the main control board here.