Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Miele cat and dog cylinder turbo head. I have two of these

Customer Question

Miele cat and dog cylinder turbo head. I have two of these and neither are working the Hoover has suction so I know it is the heads, one has hardly been used, any reason why two of them will not suck properly?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 10 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Continue to look please but very disappointed as your claim on the web leads you to believe that you will get and instant response, but as I have paid £20 I would like something for the money please?
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Miele ?And what is the product?Also may I have the full model # ?Also does it get a lot of use? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael,The Miele is 5 years old is not over used the suction in the Hoover is fine it is the turbo head that does not work and I have bought another one which has been hardly used, both the existing and new one are not working properly, it does work but the original head strength of suction is far better, any ideas? We have taken the head apart and the belt is intact on both we have checked?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I feel for you. On these, the heads seem to fail often.The motor is the problem with the turbo head and really all you can do is replace it. If you use it for animal hair they will fail prematurely;-(The best thing to do is clean the roller often and when you use it, don't let it bind or bog down too much as that is the reason these tend to fail. If would be nice if they would build this one a little more rubust lol.If you use it as i recommended, it shoudl last a whole lot longer;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael,So basically that is it?RegardsSarah
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi yes, unfortunately that is all it boils down to, the head motor really isnt all that powerful, and it will fail if used in the manner I mentioned;-) I wish i had better news for you I really do.I see so many like that in my shop.If you need me further please reply ;-)Have a great weekend and please rate kindly so I can close this for you, no cost for rating. Tech Michael