Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My fridge freezer model number is ***** and serial number

Customer Question

My fridge freezer model number is ***** and serial number is ***** I have a blockage in the defrost gutter drain hole. I have tried putting a straw, even two straws lengths down but the blockage persists. Can you help, please
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you just confirm that this is something that has developed and not something that you have had since the purchase of the item?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Ian. This is a relatively recent problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing more at this time
OK depending upon how they have connected the defrost drain pipe these are the two options that I use -
a. If the drain hole is straight down ie it does not have a right angled bend which would appear (as you are able to get a straw down) to be the case buy a piece of net curtain spring with enough length to go all the way down the pipe and feed it through just like you were unblocking a drain.
OR
if you do have a right angled piece at the top of the drain hole use a steamer and steam the pipe clear of debris. I use a wallpaper steamer with the wallplate taken off and used like a steam hose.
Come back to me when you have tried this - Ian