Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I BOUGHT A MAYTAG WASHING MACHINE IT KEEPS SHOWING A SPANNER

Customer Question

HI I BOUGHT A MAYTAG WASHING MACHINE IT KEEPS SHOWING A SPANNER IN THE CONNER CAN YOU TELL ME WHATS WRONG PLEASE
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Also do you get any error codes or any other lights flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry Daniel on the front it says intellisense 9kg 1400rpm mwa 09149 wh/1 when I switch in on a red spanner comes up on the left hand side / and no water comes in also ihave a hot point 9kg Aquarius tumble dryer when switched on all lights comb on then off but it keep telling me to clean the filter it doesn't work either help please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. This model has the display screen so when the red spanner comes on there should be an F?? error code there as well. Have you seen the F code come up? As to the dryer dont mind helping you out on the same question as long as at the end you rate the answer that would be great. Can you post the model number of the dryer please.When you say the lights come on and then goes off does it go off completey and not do anyting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel the letters F08 comes up sorry it take me so long to an answer you in the mornings I am tied up
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry about the delay that's not a problem. F08 is a wash heater error code.What you need to do for this is pull the washer out and remove the back panel. There you will see the back of the drum. Towards the bottom of the drum you will see the heater. Check the wires are still attached to it.If the wires are fine then you need a multi meter and test the heater for resistance. It should be around 28 Ohms. If faulty then the heater will need to be replaced and this will cure it. But if the heater and wires are fine then the control board is the fault. But to be honest most of the time for this error code its the heater that causes it so check that out and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.
Do you still need help on this?
If so just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Daniel I had the weekend away back now I will check what you said and get back to you a.s.a.p. sorry it taken so long
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries that's fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry Daniel I haven't got round to checking the washing machine yet but I will in the next few days or so. busy with other things
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem at all. You know where I am if you need me