Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My hotpoint futura w/mwmfg8537 is showing error f12 can you

Customer Question

my hotpoint futura w/mwmfg8537 is showing error f12 can you help
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
F12 error code is a communication fault between the front and the main power board in there.
What you can try first if you haven't already is remove the plug from the socket completely and leave it for 30 mins as this will allow the componments on the board to discharge themselves.
Then turn it back on and see if this has cleared the fault.
If that doesn't work then this is going to be the main control board at the back at fault. Ive replaced quite a lot of these for this fault so its not uncommon for them to fail like this.
Now as to a replacement you have a few options. You can either get Hotpoint to repair on there fixed price repair for £110 all in.
Or you can get a refurbished board which comes programed up. As new boards are sold blank and have to be programed up by either the Hotpoint laptop or you can buy the programming kit to do this. But this way is more then the washer as the board new is £120, the programing key is £120 and the smart card is £40 which is a one hit card so if you get it wrong you will need another one. So the new board yourself is not worth it as hotpoint will call out and replace it cheaper.
But if you want the refurbished board that comes programed let me know and I will get the link for you.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.