Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an aeg in built dishwasher. When I start the program

I have an aeg in built dishwasher. When I start the program the anti flood device is on but it's not flooded. When it starts it starts to drain but then instead of going into the wash cycle it shows this error. The model number is ***** 34030VI. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Just to check the error code you have is it flashing the end light or beeping 3 times?
Also I take it you have it pulled out to make sure theres no water in the base?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its flashing and beeping at the same time. I haven't pulled it out but I can't see any leakages underneath it.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok is it flashing and beeping 3 times?
Also if you haven't pulled it out I tale it you have removed the inspection cover below the door to check it flood switch isn't activated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The troubleshooting guide for the dishwasher say that three beeps means that the anti flood device is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you explain to me where the inspection cover is please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
So it is 3 beeps you get? Just wanted to make sure as you never said you got 3 beeps so just needed to check it was the correct error code.
The inspection cover is below the door behind the wooden kick board at the bottom of your kitchen.
But if you haven't removed this or pulled the dishwasher out how do you know the flood device isn't activated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't. I just went by the troubleshooting guide in the manual. Should I undo the inspection cover?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's got three screws either end. Do I undo them all?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok im with you know.
3 flashes means water has leaked in the base of the dishwasher and has activated the flood switch in the base which is causing this.
What you need to do to clear this is either pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and lean it 45 degs backwards and the water will drain from the base.
Or if you cannot remove it then you need to remove the outer wooden door panel and then the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kitchen.
From there below the door you will see a metal cover held on with a few screws. Remove this and then you can see under the dishwasher.
Make sure its unplugged and then you need to use a sponge and soak the water up that you will see in the base.
Once the water is dried up the flood switch will reset itself and clear the error code.
Then retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its a one off over fill that caused this.
But if it happens again then theres something in there leaking. To find this the dishwasher will have to come out and the side panels removed and then you can find whats leaking in there.
But try the above first and see what you find. As the base will be full of water that's causing this here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. There is water at the bottom of the unit but it looks quite stagnant so it could have had a small leak for a while???
Anyway, I will dry it and see what happens.
I take it that if this continues then I need to call a technician out ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Dry it up and hopefully that's it.
But if it does it again then something is leaking under there and if you cannot pull it out then you will need an engineer to do this.
But hopefully you can sort it from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would be able to pull it out but what would I need to look for?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If you can pull it out then remove the right hand side panel.There at the back is a plastic tube going from the heater up the side of the dishwasher to the top spray arm. Check this as these do split and leak. If that's not the case then check the wash motor for signs of water leaking. But if this the case you normally find clear water and a lot of it as well. So if it does happen again and you are pulling it out then just get back to me. As you can reply back to me here anytime. Even after rating that's not a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. I will give it a go.