Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Fridge Freezer motor cools the freezer to - 35 degrees C

Customer Question

My Fridge Freezer motor cools the freezer to - 35 degrees C and then it warms up to + 3 degrees. Is this a sensor problem or a control board problem? After going to -35 the motor will only run for 5 seconds after swtching off at the power source. Is this a sensor or circuit board problem?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 10 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please search a little longer, thank you
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.
Can you post the make and model number of the appliance please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry I can't, the label behind the salad chiller draw has been removed. I can say it is a Hoover Fridge Freezer, standing over 6' tall, called "Nextra" Frost Free. It has 4 number deep drawers in the freezer section. Having removed the drawers I have removed the cold air circulating device to expose the heat exchanger pipe work. There are 2 number sensors, one on the main heat exchanger with 4 number connecting wires. These pass through a hole in the back panel to a set of junction boxes protected by a loosely fitted plastic panel 10 cm by 12 cm, behind the black cooling array. The other "sensor" is slightly smaller and situated on a different piece of the refrigerating circuit, I HOPE THIS MIGHT enable you to identify the model. Hoover's automatic online response to my queries fail because I cannot get passed the model type and number.
Ok without a model number this makes it hard for me to know the build type of this.
But from the sounds of this its more then likely the sensor of control board.
One way of telling is remove the control board and in there should be a block of thin wires. Usually it has 6 wires on it. Theres there 2 sensors in freezer and one in fridge.
If you have a multi meter you need to test them for resistance. Each one will be high resistance around 30K to about 17K ohms.
If any are faulty then its the sensor at fault.
But if they are fine then it will be the control board at fault.
But now your problem will be getting spares. If the model number is ***** you have next to no chance of getting them. As theres 100s of different models all with different electronics in there and some models the sensors are foamed in so you cannot even replace them.
So I think you will struggle to get spares for this without a model number.
When I come across an appliance without a model sometimes you have to just bait the bullet on it and replace it as you wont get spares without a model, Sorry.