How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

I have a Caple Knightsbridge kitchen mixer tap, fitted in 1999,

Resolved Question:

I have a Caple Knightsbridge kitchen mixer tap, fitted in 1999, 16 years ago. When the hot tap is turned on water leaks from just below the top spindle. We have tried replacing washers to no avail. Please can you tell me what the problem is likely to be? Many thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , there is a small o ring inside the mechanism. But why not replace the whole cartridge. Take the old one to a plumbers merchant (independent ones are best) and they will give you a replacement cartridge
Plumberpro and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you