Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zannusi tc7102w tumble dryer. When you press start,

I have a Zannusi tc7102w tumble dryer. When you press start, it won't turn. If you turn the drum manually it will eventually go, but stops before the cycle has finished. What the most likely cause?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If you need to turn the drum yourself to get the drum turning then you will find the capacitor is the fault here.
As the capacitor gives the motor a boost to get it turning. When this fails it sits there humming until you push the drum and it starts then.
To fix this you need to remove the top and the right hand side panel.
There you will see the motor. Next to this is a sliver cylinder with a few wires in there. This is the part you need to replace and that will get the dryer up and running again from there.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.