Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Would be grateful if you could tell me what product you recommend

Would be grateful if you could tell me what product you recommend to clean the interior of the Bosch oven.
Many thanks.
Ian Whyles
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I an, how are you today? May I have the model # ***** your Bosch oven so I can advise you correctly?ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no model number on the oven itself, and the only reference I can find is from the front of the user manual which shows the number HBM13B1.0B. Is that any help?Ian Whyles
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes that helps. Things You'll NeedDish soapClothsBucket (optional)Fill a bucket or sink with hot water and a moderate amount of dish soap.Remove the racks from the cool oven and put them in the sink. Wash them thoroughly to remove any food or grease. Rinse and dry them with a towel. Set the racks aside.Clean out the inside of the oven with a soapy cloth. Wipe the inside of the door, window and frame while avoiding the gasket. Wipe away spills and discard any debris or foil from the bottom of the oven. Rinse well with clean water.Open the windows or turn on a fan to ventilate the kitchen area. The self-cleaning feature burns away debris at a high temperature which usually causes smoking.Close the oven and turn the setting to self-clean. Allow the cycle to run for three hours, which is the preset cleaning time for Bosch ovens.Open the oven when the cleaning cycle has finished and the oven is cool. Wipe out any ash with a damp cloth. Replace the clean racks and close the oven door.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,Unfortunately, the oven is not a self-cleaning model, therefore your advice doesn't apply in this case. And Bosch advise against use of abrasives, even though the oven is quite heavily soiled.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, lol I understand.With this one you can use oven cleaner. i knwo Bosch doesn't recommend that as well;-) But none of them really do. Because over time the cleaner will eat away at the Finnish. But in this case you can use the oven cleaner as per the instructions, get something like "Easy Off". It works well, and doesn't have any abrasives in it its all chemical and it does a great job.You can use that about 2 times a year with no worries;-)That should work well. I will stick with you in case you have any issues, but lpplease rat kindly at this time so I can do that, there is no cost for that and I will be here after you rate. Once you do that, I will reply to you so you have a way to reach me until this is done and you are satisfied;-) Thank you for your patience and have a wonderful evening.Tech Michael