Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Siemens IQ300 Induction Hob. It has an annoying beep

I have a Siemens IQ300 Induction Hob. It has an annoying beep when you use the controls. Can I lower the volume or, better still, get rid of the beep?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.The only way on this model to stop the sound or lower the beeping, is by opening the the control panel area, then place a piece of electrical tap on the piezo speaker. That woudl lower it quite a bit. Other wise you woudl need to de solder that part for the main control board. If you have some soldering experience I woudl recommend this but if not, your better off just covering the speaker with tape. Thank youTech Michael